Skip to main content

Farewell,2017! Ft.Books(what else?)



Well hello, there my little happy fiends!! Look it is another year gone by with me accomplishing nothing Go Me! But, I did read 109 Books this year so that's nice at least I do one productive thing with my life again, Go me!

Now there, I know you are getting all excited and leaning towards your laptop/pc/mobile/tab/broken piece of technology how is this even working yet? to just know what I read this year (in case you didn't know that already from this blog) And you know what my little honey muffins you're going to get exactly I picked up the questions from the perpetual page turner seriously bless the souls of these blogger who actually have creativity and make questions for lazy stupid people like me not that I'm not creative I do something creative sometimes like that time I wrote a poem about a sock yeah that was all me.

Anyhow, moving on to the questions let us get started!











It's nice to see that Goodreads has high hopes for me since clearly I don't I mean look at that I wanted to read only 40 books and how many did I read? well, there you go when someone asks you who's the most self-confident person you've ever met be sure to give my name folks!





1)Best Book You read in 2017

I'm considering that book as book(s) because we don't want me to have a mental breakdown now, do we?

So here are the glorious books of 2017 that I love to death gracing your eyes

*Remember if you click on the book covers you'll be teleported to the Goodreads page of the book so if any covers interest you feel free to click people!

** The ones with a ♥ will mean that I read the whole series(or the books released in it)this year only and loved all the books to death.

Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare         The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh       King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard     A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1)
                                                        ♥                                                                           ♥



A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness        The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater        Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor      Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
            ♥                                          ♥


Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia      My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand      Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine      The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
                                                                                              ♥                                    ♥


This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab     When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon      More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera      Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas
              ♥



2) Books You were excited about and thought you were going to love more but didn't.


Windwitch by Susan Dennard    Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch   Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder   The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi

I didn't necessarily hate any of these books but I just expected more from these books and also I just realized that most of these are sequels, oh well no one is surprised here 


3)Most surprising book you read this year

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness  The reason I picked this up was that I didn't expect to love this book as much as I did I mean it had vampires in it and I literally have allergies from vampires because every book that I had read which was about vampires was the same story a glittery vampire misunderstood by everyone throw in some typical YA romance a little bit of action and hundreds of passages about how beautiful the vampire is and you find me dead in a corner in the puddle of my own tears from disappointment but this book was so refreshing with science and witches and stuff and just wow there it is in one of my favourites.





The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
4)Best Series you started in 2017  

  I don't think I need to say more since I've been literally screaming all over my blog like a banshee how beautiful and great this book is on this blog.









5) Best sequel of 2017

Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare Um...Yeah, I don't think I could be more obvious.

6) Best series ender of 2017


A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab  No words.(even though I did say two words but whatever)


7) Favourite new author, you discovered in 2017


I mean all of these authors are basically in my favorites section so yeah.

8) Best book from a genre you don't typically read/was out of your comfort zones. 

Warcross by Marie LuAlright so I think you guys already know that I generally read fantasy books and throw in some contemporary and historical fiction but its mostly just fantasy and what I have realized is that I barely read any science fiction which is like a shame on me because dude I love science fiction but I just don't like reading science fiction I guess? Its just that when its science fiction authors can't portray things so vividly that you could just float in that story and be a part of that story but this book was it a treat it was so vivid and I could imagine everything so clearly that after finishing it I was literally curled up around this book wanting to absorb it all in.





9) Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year

For this one I picked three books because dude all of these had so much action in A Conjuring of light Schwab is just playing death games with all the characters from the beginning and breaking every reader's soul makes me question why she is one of my favourite authors and the answer is don't ask I'm insane.

In certain dark things, our main character is literally being hunted from the start by a psychopath who is the literal definition of creep so there ya go.

And In The lies of Locke Lamora well, our characters are literally having a near-death experience in every chapter can't say there's no action in it.

 A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab    Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno-Garcia   The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch



10) Book you read in 2017 that you are most likely to Re-read next year


Um...Every one of them which isn't a standalone because I've got the memory of a goldfish although who am I kidding I'll just pretend that I remember everything from the previous book that's my life.


11) Favourite cover of a book you read in 2017


Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine   Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh    Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor   A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab

Oh! look at these pretty covers we can all pretend for a few minutes that this world is a beautiful place!

Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor12) Most beautifully written book read in 2017

   Just beautiful words can't portray how beautiful this book is go read it if you want to know










Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia13)Most thought-provoking/life-changing book of the year.

  With the amount of gushing I have been doing for this book I don't think this comes as a surprise to anyone.










14)Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2017 to finally read


The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

   Need I say more.












15) Favourite passage/quote from a book you read in 2017



                                                                                     -From A Dark Duet by V.E. Schwab



16) Shortest and longest book you read in 2017


Shortest-Obsidian Blade by Morgan Rhodes           Longest-Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare         

   

17) Book that shocked you the most.

Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare        Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas


One is for character death(s) and one is for plot twist which one is for what find it out yourself.


18) OTP Of the year (you will go down with this ship!)

I'm not going for my standard answer in this one which is (of course) percabeth but for this one, I'd go with Ty and Kit from lord of shadows and damn they are so cute like the cuteness level is way more than it should have been

Image result for ty and kit   😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍 MY BABIES!!!


19) Favorite Non-Romantic relationship

LOCKE AND JEAN just the best friendship ever both of them promising to kill the other one if he won't save himself just love them!

20) Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2017


Thomas Cresswell from Stalking Jack the ripper trilogy he's just so caring and sweet and adorable and not to mention sassy that I just can't help it, folks, it was bound to happen.


21) Best 2017 debut you read

When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon  This is one of my favourites this year people like what do you expect?

22) Best worldbuilding/Most vivid setting you read this year




Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor    Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas       Warcross by Marie Lu



The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West23) Book that put a smile on your face


  Here I'd like to say all Kasie West books that's why I went on a Kasie West spree this year because I always ended up with a big goofy smile on my face




24) Book that made you cry or nearly cry this year.

And let the tornado of books come!

A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab    Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor   Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare  Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab   More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera    They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera  Ash and Quill by Rachel Caine 

Fun fact I don't even know why I cried in Strange the dreamer it was just that Strange was just not doing anything and that bloody Theron was sauntering around with Strange's research and it just struck a chord in me I guess.


Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco25) Book that Made you the most Mad

  Just the way Audrey and Thomas handled their relationship through the book was so stupid that half of the time I wanted to slap both of them repeatedly and half of the time I was like STAHP!!!
I did enjoy the book though and they sorted everything out at the end so everything was well and good.








1) New Favourite Book Blog you discovered in 2017

Caits blog Paperfury I know I live under a rock no need to tell that to me but I just love her!

2)Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog

The You're not good enough book tag I had so much fun doing it I was looking for book tags and there it was in all its shiny-ness I just loved doing it and selecting characters and generally making hundred typos but it was fun!

3)Favourite review you wrote this year

Alright this one is kind of hard because I love all of my reviews and I just reviewing books because I like sharing my thoughts with you guys not with real humans like talking ew but yeah anyhow,since I have to pick one I'd pick two because I don't follow rules excuse me anyhow it would be the A court of Wings and Ruin one because I just had so much fun doing that one and the Eliza and Her Monsters one because well I feel like I had a lot to say about that book.

4)Best Event that You participated in

Now I'd just like to say that I don't go to events because I live under a rock but I do have to get out time and again to get food and stuff and during one of those periods I went to the book fair which was nice because there were whole shelves dedicated to cassandra clare and Rick Riordan making my heart happy and I was hopping around like an idiot from aisle to aisle acting like a total weirdo so much so that my parents wanted to sell me on ebay but you know me I can't help it.

Image result for I can't help it gif


5)Best Moment of Bookish/Blogging life.

I'd say all of them starting my blog, reviewing and doing stupid posts that only you guys could understand its all wonderful and beautiful and I hope It'd always stay that way.


6)Most popular post this year on your blog

The My Top 5 OTP one I was just scrolling through Pinterest looking at all these headcanons when I was like You know what I'll do a post about My Top 5 OTP's and I had so much fun doing it because I completely veered off topic and started talking about books that I was super excited about this year not to mention I listed 7 OTP'S despite the title and you guys seemed to love it just shows your appreciation for my insanity (Send help)

7)Post you wished Got a little more love

I'd go with 5 Books that will leave you in worst book hangovers for this one because I really had a lot of fun doing it and it was really infomercial trust me your IQ will go to like 200 if you read it(not really) but its really fun and I don't know it talks about chocolate more than books so I think you'll like it.

8)Most challenging thing about your blogging/reading life this year

Oh! I know this one me moving into a new home and losing all my happiness i.e. wifi for like (4? 6?)months tell me about challenges.

9)Best Bookish Discover

Nothing I live under a rock.

10)Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year

Oh, I did set a reading challenge for myself that is to read 10 historical fiction book this year and failed heroically by reading 2? 3? I don't even know well, I tried at least.




1)  Book You didn't get to in 2017 but will be your number 1 priority next year

   An Enchantment of Ravens  The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1)  All the Crooked Saints  Wild Beauty


2)Book you are most anticipating for 2018(non-debut)

                                                   TOG#7
                                   (in case you wanted to know)
Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices, #3)   Untitled (Throne of Glass, #7)   Allied (Ruined #3)  Immortal Reign (Falling Kingdoms, #6)
  War Storm (Red Queen, #4) Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3) These Rebel Waves (Stream Raiders, #1) From Twinkle, with Love  Leah on the Offbeat   My Plain Jane (The Lady Janies, #2)   Aru Shah and the End of Time (Pandava #1)  The Burning Maze (The Trials of Apollo, #3)


3)2018 Debut you are most anticipating

A Thousand Perfect Notes   Everless (Untitled #1)  The Queen's Rising


4) Series ending/A sequel you are most anticipating in 2018

So I just saw that My most anticipated 2018 non-debut reads has half of the books as series enders(Go Me!) so yeah I'll just post them again down here.


Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices, #3)   Untitled (Throne of Glass, #7)   Allied (Ruined #3)   Immortal Reign (Falling Kingdoms, #6)   

War Storm (Red Queen, #4)   Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3)

5)One Thing You hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging life.

Read ten historical fiction books 😝 I'm nothing if not consistent people.







So that was it people that was the End Of Year Book Survey mind you I did skip a few of the question so if you want to see all the questions then go to  the perpetual page turner and help yourselves but seriously guys another year is over with all its craziness hope 2018 is a little less crazy but we'd be together to battle it down won't we? But do tell me how this year was for you guys did you fail heroically in your reading challenges too? I'd love to know your story! Anyhow, Happy New Year People!(Literally 3 days early, this is a change)🎇🎇🎇🎊🎊🎊







Comments

  1. I don't look at challenges as failing. They are just for fun. I set my GR challenge for 300 and didn't meet it, but didn't sweat it. :) What I did read was, mostly, good and I was gaming when I wasn't reading and that was good too. :)

    I tried Locke Lamora but I couldn't get into it. I think I need to try it again on my Kindle instead of an audiobook. I think at the time I just wasn't up for such a long audio. I do hear such great things about it.

    Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed your post. :) If you'd like to see it, here's my 2017 End of the Year Survery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well no joke you still read more than I ever could so Go you!(I should really stop saying this shouldn't eye) and gaming is great I most like rpg games though and do whatever makes you happy!
      And I tried the audiobook too and lets just say its not the best one out there but you should definitely give the book a try!

      I'd definitely check your post out!

      Delete
    2. Oh shoot did I just write 'I' as 'eye'? at this rate I'll create a new genre of typos titled "typos by stupid people" XD
      (Karsyn Send help!)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simon VS. The Homosapiens Agenda

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by   Becky Albertalli Sixteen-year-old and not-so-openly gay Simon Spier prefers to save his drama for the school musical. But when an email falls into the wrong hands, his secret is at risk of being thrust into the spotlight. Now Simon is actually being blackmailed: if he doesn’t play wingman for class clown Martin, his sexual identity will become everyone’s business. Worse, the privacy of Blue, the pen name of the boy he’s been emailing, will be compromised. With some messy dynamics emerging in his once tight-knit group of friends, and his email correspondence with Blue growing more flirtatious every day, Simon’s junior year has suddenly gotten all kinds of complicated. Now, change-averse Simon has to find a way to step out of his comfort zone before he’s pushed out—without alienating his friends, compromising himself, or fumbling a shot at happiness with the most confusing, adorable guy he’s never met. MY RATING:-🌟🌟

The Queens Thief #1

The Thief -by Megan Whalen Turner The king's scholar, the magus, believes he knows the site of an ancient treasure. To attain it for his king, he needs a skillful thief, and he selects Gen from the king's prison. The magus is interested only in the thief's abilities.  What Gen is interested in is anyone's guess. Their journey toward the treasure is both dangerous and difficult, lightened only imperceptibly by the tales they tell of the old gods and goddesses. Goodreads               Amazon                 Pdf My Rating:-★★★★☆ Hello, my happy fiends look the first post on my blog this year aren't you a happy excited green bean here? No? Well, I am and look the title says it all The thief let's steal 2018! Folks you know we can do it! Seriously don't make me your role model you'll regret it and also who gave me access to my bloody laptop? Anyhow, We shall begin our endeavor of how the thief was now just so you know I did

CARVE THE MARK #1

Carve the Mark by   Veronica Roth On a planet where violence and vengeance rule, in a galaxy where some are favored by fate, everyone develops a currentgift, a unique power meant to shape the future. While most benefit from their currentgifts, Akos and Cyra do not—their gifts make them vulnerable to others’ control. Can they reclaim their gifts, their fates, and their lives, and reset the balance of power in this world? Cyra is the sister of the brutal tyrant who rules the Shotet people. Cyra’s currentgift gives her pain and power—something her brother exploits, using her to torture his enemies. But Cyra is much more than just a blade in her brother’s hand: she is resilient, quick on her feet, and smarter than he knows. Akos is from the peace-loving nation of Thuvhe, and his loyalty to his family is limitless. Though protected by his unusual currentgift, once Akos and his brother are captured by enemy Shotet soldiers, Akos is desperate to get his brother out alive—no matter what