Skip to main content

The Queens Thief #1

The Thief

The Thief (The Queen's Thief, #1)-by Megan Whalen Turner

The king's scholar, the magus, believes he knows the site of an ancient treasure. To attain it for his king, he needs a skillful thief, and he selects Gen from the king's prison. The magus is interested only in the thief's abilities. 

What Gen is interested in is anyone's guess. Their journey toward the treasure is both dangerous and difficult, lightened only imperceptibly by the tales they tell of the old gods and goddesses.





Goodreads             Amazon                Pdf



My Rating:-★★★★☆


Hello, my happy fiends look the first post on my blog this year aren't you a happy excited green bean here? No? Well, I am and look the title says it all The thief let's steal 2018! Folks you know we can do it! Seriously don't make me your role model you'll regret it and also who gave me access to my bloody laptop? Anyhow, We shall begin our endeavor of how the thief was now just so you know I did read two books before this and didn't particularly loved any of those I mean I kind of had mixed feelings about them and I wanted to blast you people with a book that I absolutely adored so here we are with our shiny beauty.(No it doesn't shine just for the record in case you were wondering yes I'm as shallow as last year and judge books by their covers) So this book is (you guessed it!) About a thief and I think I've found my basic go o preference people I've found that you just scream sassy thieves at me and I'm all over that book but really this was really fun and I don't know it had some elements that I didn't like and honestly I didn't expect much out of this because I've heard this series gets better and the first book is nothing but you know telling about the world which oh it did so beautifully like I'm in love wih this book can you tell?


1)The characters Oh the characters in this book are so damn good and sassy did I mention how freaking sassy all of these small bean characters are you know what I'll just make a list of characters in a list that's brilliant!
  • Gen a.k.a our protagonists and Oh my God I just freaking love my small bean he's just so adorable at times not to mention totally insecure about his height and totally not insecure about his thieving skills and I was just I don't know 10 pages in the book when I started being a mother hen  to him like that takes talent people and jus he's so darn sassy if anyone gave him a hard time he would have such a classy retort back and I'm just in love with him My little green bean
  • Sophos a.k.a those precious little boys who are royalty but still are so precious that you just want to give them a hug he fits this description so perfectly not to mention he didn't he didn't know when to shut his mouth and loved reading and ditching all the important activities Imean talk about being relatable.
  • Magus a.k.a the know it all and I didn't like him but I didn't hate him either you know he's one of those characters nevertheless he was sassy so just you know what happened to me
  • Polos a.k.a the man of few words he didn't speak but he was the most helpful of all these five doofuses because let's be real here all our dear little Gen did was sleep and eat and banter with people and you get the reason why I love him but I'm pretty sure if Polos wasn't there all of my precious characters would have fallen into a ditch and broken there necks.
  • Ambiades a.k.a Let me punch you in the face me being obviously me and you being this worthless piece of arrogance and let's not talk about him because I.Freaking.Hate.Him

2)The little stories there were these little stories that sometimes the Magus or Our little Gen would tell Sophos about the Gods and I just adored them there's something magical about these stories you know they just completely suck you in and don't let you go and I absolutely adore that feeling and also a story inside a story what's cooler than that?
3)The writing style was just so darn amazing the way Megan wrote the characters and the way she built the world was seriously nothing but outstanding 
And just the way all of it was portrayed and how fun it all was and how invested I was in the story of these characters and just this book is amazing.


1)Just the heist part fell flat in this one you know I mean we had been building up to this huge moment being all like no one has ever stolen this thing before no one has survived and told the tale but in my opinion it was taken very easily I mean I don't know it didn't feel like it was that difficult to steal that stone.
2)The Road trip I mean I loved the whole banter and stuff they had going on for them but just the road trip was a really big part of the story where the heist part should have been there was this whole road trip thing going on and I just didn't like it even though it did help know the characters better but still I just couldn't make myself love it.
I did enjoy this book But I just couldn't make myself overlook those parts of the book but I do know that this series gets better after the first book and not to mention this book had an epic ending I really did have low expectations for this one because I thought I might not love this book but the second book is great which I don't know yet but I'm ready to find out So if you're even a little bit interested go and pick this book up because its really fun and you'll enjoy it and Sassy thieves are always a plus point you know it!


Book Quotes:-










So That's it for today folks if this book interests you then go ahead and pick it up I've linked it up right there with the summary(In case you didn't notice already) I'd also leave the link to the Pdf version and Amazon down below in the comments Never say that I don't love you. Also while you're at it go ahead and tell me if you've had low expectations from a book and then been pleasantly surprised Or do you fantasize yourself to be a pro level thief (just like me). Go on honey muffins tell me I'd love to know.

Bye for now!😃


Comments

  1. https://drive.google.com/open?id=11JCicq-HVgJ91U2aM8yIvk-1HV62ovRy

    For The PDF

    https://www.amazon.com/Thief-Queens-Book/dp/0060824972

    Amazon Link

    If there are any difficulties let me know!

    Enjoy 😃

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simon VS. The Homosapiens Agenda

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by   Becky Albertalli Sixteen-year-old and not-so-openly gay Simon Spier prefers to save his drama for the school musical. But when an email falls into the wrong hands, his secret is at risk of being thrust into the spotlight. Now Simon is actually being blackmailed: if he doesn’t play wingman for class clown Martin, his sexual identity will become everyone’s business. Worse, the privacy of Blue, the pen name of the boy he’s been emailing, will be compromised. With some messy dynamics emerging in his once tight-knit group of friends, and his email correspondence with Blue growing more flirtatious every day, Simon’s junior year has suddenly gotten all kinds of complicated. Now, change-averse Simon has to find a way to step out of his comfort zone before he’s pushed out—without alienating his friends, compromising himself, or fumbling a shot at happiness with the most confusing, adorable guy he’s never met. MY RATING:-🌟🌟

CARVE THE MARK #1

Carve the Mark by   Veronica Roth On a planet where violence and vengeance rule, in a galaxy where some are favored by fate, everyone develops a currentgift, a unique power meant to shape the future. While most benefit from their currentgifts, Akos and Cyra do not—their gifts make them vulnerable to others’ control. Can they reclaim their gifts, their fates, and their lives, and reset the balance of power in this world? Cyra is the sister of the brutal tyrant who rules the Shotet people. Cyra’s currentgift gives her pain and power—something her brother exploits, using her to torture his enemies. But Cyra is much more than just a blade in her brother’s hand: she is resilient, quick on her feet, and smarter than he knows. Akos is from the peace-loving nation of Thuvhe, and his loyalty to his family is limitless. Though protected by his unusual currentgift, once Akos and his brother are captured by enemy Shotet soldiers, Akos is desperate to get his brother out alive—no matter what