Skip to main content

Royal Bastards

Royal Bastards


by 
Royal Bastards
Being a bastard blows. Tilla would know. Her father, Lord Kent of the Western Province, loved her as a child, but cast her aside as soon as he had trueborn children.

At sixteen, Tilla spends her days exploring long-forgotten tunnels beneath the castle with her stablehand half brother, Jax, and her nights drinking with the servants, passing out on Jax’s floor while her castle bedroom collects dust. Tilla secretly longs to sit by her father’s side, resplendent in a sparkling gown, enjoying feasts with the rest of the family. Instead, she sits with the other bastards, like Miles of House Hampstedt, an awkward scholar who’s been in love with Tilla since they were children.

Then, at a feast honoring the visiting princess Lyriana, the royal shocks everyone by choosing to sit at the Bastards’ Table. Before she knows it, Tilla is leading the sheltered princess on a late-night escapade. Along with Jax, Miles, and fellow bastard Zell, a Zitochi warrior from the north, they stumble upon a crime they were never meant to witness.

Rebellion is brewing in the west, and a brutal coup leaves Lyriana’s uncle, the Royal Archmagus, dead—with Lyriana next on the list. The group flees for their lives, relentlessly pursued by murderous mercenaries; their own parents have put a price on their heads to prevent the king and his powerful Royal Mages from discovering their treachery.



MY RATING:-🌟🌟🌟🌟


Well was this book a treat can I get a HELL YES! Truly speaking folks I picked and put down a thousand books before this one and the last one and none of them caught my attention I mean I didn't even think Eliza And Her Monsters would put me in a book hangover but since that book was so amazing I don't think it was even a wee bit surprising to you but me being me (i.e. a complete little idiot who has a brain equal to the size of a coffee bean) didn't even think about it and as a result I was sitting on the couch crying and eating tons of chocolates just saying that it would be perfectly fine but obviously it wasn't also if Zombies attacked now while my resources are so depleted I'll eat their brains (Can you eat a zombie'
s brain? well now I wanna try) And I would be royally pissed(get it royally pissed as in royal bastards royally pissed I'm so smart I know) but getting to the point this book came along and then their were siblings hiding and making fun of royal court and I was like flailing all over the book and being like YES!YES!.

But apart from that this book had so much sass like it was sass overload and did I like it?obviously I did don't be dumb! It had betrayals(which is one of my favorite parts in the book just so you know) and badass female mages mage to be real) and badass female warriors and people who were a lot like assassins(I mean they weren't exactly assassin but we'll let it slide) and did i mention SIBLINGS! so you can see why I would go to this author and give him all my money(which is not much) beg him to give me this glorious book and you should do that too because A)I said so(duh)and B)I'm writing more than 1500 words to convince you so ya better listen to me.

First up have you read the summary? Isn't it everything you wanted? Teenagers on a run parents trying to kill their own children I mean its basically as good as cheeseburger(but then nothing is as good as a cheeseburger so lets forget it altogether) secondly the characters are such little cute cupcakes that you couldn't help but love them I mean I could almost emphasis on "almost"think about sharing my burgers with them and that's saying alot I mean in general if you brought me a book with multiple characters whose name I'm pretty sure I won't remember I would just bang my head on the wall and then blame you for my suicide attempt(yeah I know I'm an evil creature but you are asking me to put myself through torture )also speaking of characters lets talk about them:-

1)Tilla:-Isn't she a little cupcake she is one of the siblings so naturally I love her also she is just so sassy and whenever she does something badass she takes a moment for congratulating herself  which made me so happy because that generally never happens in books and also she goes to those royal parties just for free food and that is so relatable since that is generally my motive of living(apart reading and conquering the world obviously)

2)Jax:-So he's Tilla's half brother and needless to say he was the sassiest and funniest of all of them and he's just so sweet and protective and I just loved him so much and I hate you Andrew I freakin' hate you.

3)Miles:-so he's the book nerd of all of them,and basically he's just like me apart from the crush part because lets be real there are only three and three things I've crush on Riptide,Diana's house and cheeseburger obviously(not taking into account any fictional crushes) so the point is He spews nonsense and is generally overly underestimated so yeah he 's a sweet pea.apart from in the ending when I wanted to kill him but that happens with me.

4)Zell:-Ahh!he's the best sweet pea of them all everyone is all like lets be besties!(okay not maybe all of them) but still and he's been through so much but then he finds real friends in this group which is so sweet also he has this cool metal embeddedin his hand with which he could kill like anybody and I'm so in for it.

5)Lyriana:-So she's the badass of all mages she's also the princess but that's not the point(okay maybe That is the point since her being princess got all five of them in this big huge mess but we'll let it slide) also she's sworn to this group "sisters of Kai" and basically defies her king so naturally I love her.

So all in all what I did like stabbiness,parents trying to kill their children, magical princess,psycho brother trying to kill his kind brother,assassins(sort of),sasss,betrayals,rebellions,spider thingys who are basically hideous,badass warriors but there's a teeny tiny part which i did not like that is this book was like too cliche at some points like I basically saw a lot of it coming even before it happened but that's because I've read over 150 fantasy books basically have no life so might not be a problem for you.

so what I'm trying to say my dear friend is that you should read this asap or I'm going to throw one of those spider thingy's at you and then you'd have to read it for survival(I'm a genius) so it's your call do you want to nearly die or read this book like a happy little snowflake. 



 BOOK QUOTES:-



"Damn." Jax shook his head. "Not that I had much love for those guys, but it's a hell of a way to go. Makes you almost feel bad for them.""I don't," Zell said."Yeah, well, you basically don't have emotions between 'gotta kill' and 'yay, I killed,' so that's not really a surprise."


He glanced at me, and I realised his words were a test, a little prick to see how sharply I'd react. I put on my most stoic face, which probably looked like I had to sneeze. 


Lyriana stirred in her tree, grumbling in a distinctly non-Princess-like manner. "I'd like another hour of sleep, please...""And I'd like to not get killed by Zell's psycho brother when he catches up to us." Jax clapped his hands loudly, startling Lyriana awake. "We ride. Now!" 




Also i would be linking its pdf version as well as amazon link down below in the comments so make sure to check that out.if you like this then don't forget to hit that subscribe button.you can also follow me on social media links are in the sidebar.Also Do you also have a crush on cheeseburger too??And do you like siblings just as much as i do????And are you going to read this book?(remember my warning up there yeah it's not a warning its a threat.again)let me know down below in comments!







Comments

  1. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzMHHDOEG8t8c0lzZkpFUk9zc2s


    FOR THE PDF


    https://www.amazon.com/Royal-Bastards-Andrew-Shvarts/dp/1484767659

    AMAZON LINK

    IF THERE ARE ANY DIFFICULTIES LET ME KNOW!

    ENJOY=)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simon VS. The Homosapiens Agenda

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by   Becky Albertalli Sixteen-year-old and not-so-openly gay Simon Spier prefers to save his drama for the school musical. But when an email falls into the wrong hands, his secret is at risk of being thrust into the spotlight. Now Simon is actually being blackmailed: if he doesn’t play wingman for class clown Martin, his sexual identity will become everyone’s business. Worse, the privacy of Blue, the pen name of the boy he’s been emailing, will be compromised. With some messy dynamics emerging in his once tight-knit group of friends, and his email correspondence with Blue growing more flirtatious every day, Simon’s junior year has suddenly gotten all kinds of complicated. Now, change-averse Simon has to find a way to step out of his comfort zone before he’s pushed out—without alienating his friends, compromising himself, or fumbling a shot at happiness with the most confusing, adorable guy he’s never met. MY RATING:-🌟🌟

Flame In The Mist #1

Flame in the Mist by   Renee Ahdieh The only daughter of a prominent samurai, Mariko has always known she’d been raised for one purpose and one purpose only: to marry. Never mind her cunning, which rivals that of her twin brother, Kenshin, or her skills as an accomplished alchemist. Since Mariko was not born a boy, her fate was sealed the moment she drew her first breath. So, at just seventeen years old, Mariko is sent to the imperial palace to meet her betrothed, a man she did not choose, for the very first time. But the journey is cut short when Mariko’s convoy is viciously attacked by the Black Clan, a dangerous group of bandits who’ve been hired to kill Mariko before she reaches the palace. The lone survivor, Mariko narrowly escapes to the woods, where she plots her revenge. Dressed as a peasant boy, she sets out to infiltrate the Black Clan and hunt down those responsible for the target on her back. Once she’s within their ranks, though, Mariko finds for the first ti

CARVE THE MARK #1

Carve the Mark by   Veronica Roth On a planet where violence and vengeance rule, in a galaxy where some are favored by fate, everyone develops a currentgift, a unique power meant to shape the future. While most benefit from their currentgifts, Akos and Cyra do not—their gifts make them vulnerable to others’ control. Can they reclaim their gifts, their fates, and their lives, and reset the balance of power in this world? Cyra is the sister of the brutal tyrant who rules the Shotet people. Cyra’s currentgift gives her pain and power—something her brother exploits, using her to torture his enemies. But Cyra is much more than just a blade in her brother’s hand: she is resilient, quick on her feet, and smarter than he knows. Akos is from the peace-loving nation of Thuvhe, and his loyalty to his family is limitless. Though protected by his unusual currentgift, once Akos and his brother are captured by enemy Shotet soldiers, Akos is desperate to get his brother out alive—no matter what